Electric Start Log Splitter Build Kit 19 GPM Pump, 5" Cylinder, Control Valve, 9 HP Engine, Hardware
Sorry, this item is out of stock
Build or repair a 35 ton log splitter.
Use the kit to refresh your old, leaky, temperamental splitter or build a new one from scratch!
Please Note: This kit is shipped in multiple packages - All packages might not be delivered the same day
You've seen our hydraulic combo kits around for years, and we're now proud to offer our own line of reliable, easy-starting gasoline engines as part of the combos. We've tested these engines against Kohler, Briggs & Stratton and a handful of other makes, and have proven ours to be just as reliable in all conditions, AND better starting in the DEEP COLD that can sometimes come with wood splitting activities. Of course, they run just as well in the heat for those that prepare for the winter well in advance. They always start right up.
We have many varieties of these kits and components, so if you don't see exactly what you want, search our other listings or feel free to contact us!
This Listing Includes:
1. Tool-Tuff Easy-Starting 9 hp Electric start 4-cycle gasoline engine
2. 19 GPM 2-stage hydraulic pump for log splitters
3. Mounting bracket to connect engine to pump
4. All necessary hardware to connect pump, mount and engine.
5. Commercial-duty LO90 Lovejoy style 3-Jaw coupler and rubber spider (with set screws included)
6. Log Splitter valve with adjustable one-way detent
7. 5" Bore x 24" Stroke welded log splitter cylinder
8. Hose and fittings to connect Valve (6) to Cylinder (7).
1. Tool Tuff Direct 9 Horsepower, Easy-Starting Recoil w/Electric Start, 270cc 4-Stroke Gasoline Engine
Specifications: (Dimensional drawings in the listing photos!)
- - 9 hp
- 12.17 ft-lb torque
- 270cc displacement
- Key-ignition electric start with backup recoil pull-start system
- 3.6 L fuel capacity
- 1.0 L Oil sump capacity
- 1" Diameter Shaft
- 3.5" Length Shaft
- Dual fill ports (one on either end of the engine - Gives you a couple options to work with!)
- EPA Approved (NOT APPROVED FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA! WE WILL NOT SHIP TO CALIFORNIA!)
- Designed to work with fuels containing up to 10% ethanol
- Standard mounting pattern on crankshaft side and on bottom
- 3.5" x 3.5" Square (5" bolt circle) 4-bolt mounting pattern on crankshaft side for your hydraulic pump, etc.
- Full line of replacement parts available
- 6 month warranty!
- Fuel shutoff valve for keeping that carb clean during storage and keeping it from flooding during transport
2. 19 GPM Commercial Duty 2-Stage Hydraulic Pump for Log Splitters
- New Hydraulic Log Splitter Pump 19 GPM @ 3600RPM
- Shaft: ½”
- Inlet port: 1”
- Outlet port: ½” NPT
- 3” across body
- 3 -3/8” across mounting surface
- Minimum 9 HP or larger gas engine, direct drive only, horizontal shaft (can be mounted vertical or horizontal)
- For use with open center hydraulic systems only
- First Stage: 16.5 GPM @ 650 PSI
- Second Stage: 3.8 GPM @ 2500 PSI
- Maximum pressure: 4000 PSI
- Bolt circle: 2.83in.
- 4 holes spaced 2” on center
- Mounting hole diameter: .344in.
- Woodruff key: 1/8in.
- Rotation is clockwise
- Flow rates on the hi-low tandem pumps are 0.256 cu in/rev on the low flow and 0.793 cu in/rev on the high flow pump.
- This 2 stage pump can give you much faster cycle times and higher possible pressures with a small engine. Excellent for use on log splitters. 85% efficient.
3. Mounting Bracket/Mount for 8-15 Hp Engines
- Length: 5-1/4"
- Pump Bolt Circle: 2-3/4", or 2" square. Holes drilled for 5/16" bolt
- Engine Bolt Circle: 5" or 3-1/2" square.
- Cast Iron construction.
- Works with Halidex, MTD, Deli and other 11 gpm - 16 gpm pumps.
- Mounts to Briggs, Honda, Kohler, Subaru 8-15 hp motors
4. All Necessary Hardware to Connect the Pump and Engine
- This kit comes with the hardware required to connect the pump and the engine
- Engine Side Bolts: 4 bolts and 4 lock-washers
- Pump Side Bolts: 4 bolts, 2 lock washers and 2 nuts
5. LO90 LoveJoy Style 3-Jaw Coupler W/ Rubber Spider & Set Screws
- Commercial duty LO90 3-Jaw coupler
- Connects pump shaft (1/2" Dia) and engine shaft (1" Dia)
- Set screws provided (put removable thread locker on them before installation)
6. Auto-Return Adjustable Detent Log Splitter Valve
This valve is a 2-way operation Log Splitter valve
- Direction 1: Actuate lever by hand, release it and it returns to neutral.
- Direction 2: Actuate lever by hand, release it and it stays in the actuated position (active) until the hydraulic cylinder bottoms out (or otherwise senses a spike in hydraulic pressure), at which time the detent will kick the lever back to the neutral position (inactive)
- Single spool, Open center.
- Max pressure rating: 4000 psi.
- Relief valve set at 3100psi but is adjustable between 1000 psi and 4000 psi
- Working ports ½”NPT.
- In/Out ports ¾” NPT
- Detent Pressure set at 700 psi but is adjustable. (Detent accessed by removing end cap)
- Compatible with most log splitters (SpeeCo, MTD, Brave, Swisher etc) but can be used for any DIY hydraulics project
This is the next generation in 2 way hydraulic detent valves. The detent is usually what wears out and causes valves to fail. This valve allows user to adjust the kick out pressure to what they need and as detent balls and grooves wear.
7. 5" Bore x 24" Stroke Clevis Mount Log Splitter Cylinder
- All welded design
- Direct replacement for TSC Husky, SplitMaster, Oregon, SpeeCo and many others
- Double-acting (2 ports, forward and reverse action)
- Rebuildable (seals can be replaced)
- 2" Chrome rod with 9/16" mounting hole for wedge mounting/Rod end is machined to 1-3/4" to fit wedge
- Double mounting clevis design to accept 1" Pin (Hole dia 1-1/8")
- 24" stroke
- 5" diameter bore (5.5" outer diameter of cylinder body)
- 1/2" NPT hydraulic ports
- 3500 maximum operating pressure
- Painted black
The screw that is shown in the end of cylinder on rod side must be in place at all times during operation, do not remove this when you receive the cylinder!
8. Hose & Fittings
- 4000 psi hose and the NPT x JIC fittings needed to fully connect valve to cylinder