Tool Tuff Log Splitter Build Kit: Electric Start 9 hp Engine, 16 GPM Pump, Detent Valve, Mount, Bolts, 4.5" Welded Cylinder & Fittings
Introducing the Latest Edition of Plug-and-Play Log Splitter Build Kits from Tool-Tuff Direct!
Use the kit to refresh your old, leaky, temperamental splitter or build a new one from scratch!
Please Note: This kit is shipped in multiple packages - All packages might not be delivered the same day
You've seen our hydraulic combo kits around for years, and we're now proud to offer our own line of reliable, easy-starting gasoline engines as part of the combos. We've tested these engines against Kohler, Briggs & Stratton and a handful of other makes, and have proven ours to be just as reliable in all conditions, AND better starting in the DEEP COLD that can sometimes come with wood splitting activities. Of course, they run just as well in the heat for those that prepare for the winter well in advance! They seem to always start right up, even when we've left old gas in them for a year! (not that you should ever do that!).
We have many varieties of these kits and components, so if you don't see exactly what you want, search our other listings or feel free to contact us!
This Listing Includes:
- Key ignition electric start 9 hp 4-cycle gasoline engine
- 16 GPM 2-stage hydraulic pump for log splitters
- A7 auto-return detent valve with adjustable detent (this feature vastly prolongs the life of the valve!)
- 4" bore, 24" stroke welded log splitter cylinder
- High pressure hose for connecting valve and the end of the cylinder
- Mounting bracket to connect engine to pump
- All necessary hardware to connect pump, mount and engine. Hydraulic fittings to plumb the valve/cylinder circuit (shown assembled in photo for illustration purposes, these pieces are shipped individually)
- Commercial-duty LO90 Lovejoy style 3-Jaw coupler and rubber spider (with set screws included)
- Assembly Instructions
- 1" diameter cylinder pin w/clips for mounting cylinder clevis to your splitter frame
- Tool Tuff Direct 9 Horsepower, Easy-Starting, 270cc 4-Stroke Gasoline Engine
Specifications: (Dimensional drawings in the listing photos!)
- 9 hp
- 12.17 ft-lb torque
- 270cc displacement
- Easy starting compression-release recoil pull-start system
- 6 L fuel capacity
- 1" diameter shaft, 3.5" length
- 1.0 L Oil sump capacity
- Cast iron crankshaft and cylinder liner for long lasting durability
- Dual ball-bearing crankshaft bearings
- Heavy-duty air filter keeps your engine running strong and clean
- Electronic ignition
- Low-oil shutoff switch (prevents engine from running when oil level is too low)
- Dual fill ports (one on either end of the engine - Gives you a couple options to work with!)
- EPA Approved (NOT APPROVED FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA! WE WILL NOT SHIP TO CALIFORNIA!)
- Designed to work with fuels containing up to 10% ethanol
- Standard mounting pattern on crankshaft side and on bottom
- 3.5" x 3.5" Square (5" bolt circle) 4-bolt mounting pattern on crankshaft side for your hydraulic pump, etc.
- Full line of replacement parts available
- 6 month warranty!
- Fuel shutoff valve for keeping that carb clean during storage and keeping it from flooding during transport
- 16 GPM Commercial Duty 2-Stage Hydraulic Pump for Log Splitters
- New Hydraulic Log Splitter Pump 16 GPM @ 3600RPM
- Model # GP-CBN-160
- Shaft: ½”
- Inlet port: 1”
- Outlet port: ½”
- 7- 1/4" L with shaft
- 5- 5/8” L without shaft
- 3” across body
- 3 -3/8” across mounting surface
- Minimum 8 HP or larger gas engine, direct drive only, horizontal shaft (can be mounted vertical or horizontal)
- For use with open center hydraulic systems only
- First Stage: 13 GPM @ 650 PSI
- Second Stage: 3 GPM @ 2500 PSI
- Maximum pressure: 4000 PSI
- Bolt circle: 2.83in.
- 4 holes spaced 2” on center
- Mounting hole diameter: .344in.
- Woodruff key: 1/8in.
- Rotation is clockwise
- Flow rates on the hi-low tandem pumps are 0.256 cu in/rev on the low flow and 0.793 cu in/rev on the high flow pump.
- This 2 stage pump can give you much faster cycle times and higher possible pressures with a small engine. Excellent for use on log splitters. 85% efficient.
- Model GP-CBN is a HI/LO hydraulic gear pump with 12 different displacement combinations with maximum pressures of 900 psi for the low pressure pump and 3000 psi for the high pressure. The change from LO to HI pressure is automatic with the LO side pressure pre set from 400 psi to 900 psi.
- The HI/LO section of the pump is all aluminum and the end plates are cast steel. Applications for the HI/LO pump are log splitters, presses etc where rapid movement of the cylinder at low pressure is required prior to automatically switching to the high pressure mode to meet load requirements.
- Auto-Return "A7" Detent Valve w/Adjustable Detent
This is the next generation in log splitter valves. The detent is usually what wears out and causes valves to fail. This valve allows user to adjust the kick out pressure to what they need and as detent balls and grooves wear.
- Single spool, Open center
- Max pressure rating: 3500psi.
- Relief valve set at 3100psi but is adjustable.
- Working ports ½” NPT
- In/Out ports ¾” NPT
- Detent Pressure set at 700 psi but is adjustable.
- Compatible with most splitters (SpeeCo, MTD, Brave, Swisher etc) in addition to working with this kit.
- Threaded end cap for easy detent adjustment (most valve "failures" are just tired detent mechanisms - with this valve, you can adjust the detent when the mechanism gets tired - then you're back to brand-new-spec operation!)
- Mounting bracket holes (4) are 5/16-18 thread pitch and are spaced 1" x 2-5/8" apart
- 4.5" Bore, 24" Stroke, Welded Log Splitter Cylinder w/Clevis Mount
- All welded design
- Direct replacement for TSC Husky, SplitMaster, Oregon, SpeeCo and many others
- Double-acting (2 ports, forward and reverse action)
- Rebuildable (seals can be replaced)
- 2" Chrome rod with 9/16" mounting hole for wedge mounting/Rod end is machined to 1-3/4" to fit wedge
- Double mounting clevis design to accept 1" Pin (Hole dia 1-1/8")
- 24" stroke
- 4.5" diameter bore
- 1/2" NPT hydraulic ports
- 3500 maximum operating pressure
- Painted black
The screw that is shown in the end of cylinder on rod side must be in place at all times during operation, do not remove this when you receive the cylinder!
- High Pressure Hose for Connecting Valve with Outer Cylinder Port
- Mounting Bracket/Mount for 8-15 Hp Engines
- Length: 5-1/4"
- Pump Bolt Circle: 2-3/4", or 2" square. Holes drilled for 5/16" bolt
- Engine Bolt Circle: 5" or 3-1/2" square.
- Cast Iron construction.
- All Necessary Hardware to Connect the Pump and Engine
- This kit comes with the hardware required to connect the pump and the engine
- Engine Side Bolts: 4 bolts and 4 lock-washers
- Pump Side Bolts: 4 bolts, 2 lock washers and 2 nuts
- LO90 LoveJoy Style 3-Jaw Coupler W/ Rubber Spider & Set Screws
- Commercial duty LO90 3-Jaw coupler
- Connects pump shaft (1/2" Dia) and engine shaft (1" Dia)
- Set screws provided (put removable thread locker on them before installation)
- Assembly Instructions
- Step by Step Instructions to get you going.
- 1" diameter cylinder pin w/clips to connect cylinder to your splitter frame
- Connect your existing splitter beam to the cylinder via this pin. comes with 2 end clips