PTO Link Compact Quick-Connect System - Safety Plunger Pin (Recommended Spare)
The PTO Link Compact Safety Plunger Pin also known as the Quick-Release SLIC Pin is truly one slick pin! SLIC is an acronym for Self Locking Implanted Cotter Pin, and as the name implies, it is a pin and cotter all in one! This one-piece locking pin is fast and secure. It also acts as an alignment pin for the two mating plates of the PTO Link system and further secures the plates (much like a dead bolt lock) to withstand most high torque scenarios or instances wherein reverse torque on the PTO shaft could possibly be experienced (e.g., while using flex-wing mowers, heavy duty shredders, tillers, augers, stump grinders, PTO auto-brakes or reverse safety switches etc.). Since these high torque or reverse torque scenarios on the PTO are often unforeseen, it is therefore required to always install the safety plunger pin during use of the PTO Link system. The PTO Link system already comes with a replaceable spring-loaded shear/locking pin affixed onto the tractor (female) plate that engages with the implement (male) plate for the initial connection. The Safety Plunger Pin (included standard in all system packages) provides the following benefits: 1. Snugly secures and aligns the male and female plates of the PTO Link system together to minimize vibration and wear to your driveline; 2. Balances and absorbs excess torque across the entire plate diameter of the PTO Link system, providing added strength to your PTO connection during high torque or reverse torque scenarios. 3. Provides enhanced safety, protection and durability to your PTO Link system. The Safety Plunger Pin features a strong, spring-loaded plunger that functions as an easy insertion wedge. The wedge plunger retracts when inserted, then springs back up when through the joined plates. The vertical face at the rear of the plunger prevents backing out and locks the pin into place!<br><br>
- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Prior to installing the plunger pin, first install the PTO Link plates and couple the male and female plates together (see more details in product description).
- INSTALL PLUNGER PIN by inserting the pin through both plates, starting from the tractor side, towards the implement side. The wedge of the plunger pin (now emerging from the implement side plate) will release its internal spring and secure both plates together.
- TO UNINSTALL: Depress the wedge tip and push the end of the pin toward the tractor. Then, pull the head of the emerging pin through the plates from the tractor side, releasing the pin from the mated plates.
- QUICK INSTALL and REMOVAL: Once accustomed to the Safety Plunger Pin, your process to reinstall and uninstall will take only a few seconds.
- STORAGE: When the PTO Link system is not in use, affix the safety plunger pin through the 1⁄2” opening on the tractor or implement plate for convenient storage. NOTE: a Plunger Pin is included with every Tractor (Female) plate. We recommend keeping a couple SPARE pins, since they are a stand-alone pin and can be easily misplaced while not in use. Dimensions: 1.25” L x 0.625” W